Invisalign technology has revolutionized the way people can achieve a beautiful, straight, smile. It straightens crooked, crowded, or displaced teeth without the need to use traditional metal braces. Often, results can be achieved much quicker than with traditional braces.
Invisalign has become increasingly popular with people looking to correct problems with their teeth in a quick and affordable way. They are custom-made for you and can be removed and replaced whenever you need them to be. They work to carefully and gently move teeth into the correct position over a period of time.
They are manufactured from BPA-free plastic, so are completely safe to use.
At Hamilton Riverside Dentistry, we use Invisalign with many of our patients to give them their best smiles.
The benefits of Invisalign
Many people are reluctant to get their teeth straightened with traditional metal braces for a number of reasons to do with comfort and look. Traditional braces also take much longer to achieve results. There are many benefits to using Invisalign.
- Can be used to correct a number of dental issues including – overcrowding, crossbite, overbite, underbite, and to close gaps
- Discreet – they’re clear, which means that most people won’t know you’re even wearing them
- Removable – you can take them out when you need to
- Promote better standard oral hygiene – you can brush and floss as normal
- Comfort – patients experience less pain and discomfort than with metal braces
- Fewer appointments – Invisalign treatment is often shorter and needs fewer checkup appointments with the dentist across the course of the treatment
- Can be used by both adults and teenagers
- Greater self-confidence – metal braces are less than discreet and can cause self-esteem and confidence issues
How the Invisalign process works
Invisalign is completely customized to you and your specific needs. Your teeth will be examined, x-rays taken and an accurate 3D model of your mouth will be created. From this model, we can see exactly which teeth need to be corrected and how much.
The information is then sent to an Invisalign laboratory. Technicians work to create your aligners just for you. Once you’ve received your aligners, they’ll be checked to make sure they fit correctly.
You can then wear your aligners and begin shifting your teeth. After two weeks, you will notice that your aligners begin to feel loose, this means that the teeth have started to move into position.
Every two weeks, you will shift to a new set of aligners which will move your teeth even further.
Check-ups every six weeks will ensure that your treatment is on track and any adjustments needed are made.
Achieve a beautiful smile with Hamilton Riverside Dentistry
We are experts in using Invisalign technology to give patients all over Hamilton, Ohio their smiles back. Book a consultation today and we will be able to talk through your options and if Invisalign is the right choice for you. Our friendly team can answer any of your questions and put you at ease. Contact us now on (513) – 868 – 0200.